We currently have two pathways for information about organizations to reach us.
- Conduct quiet research to identify candidate organizations working to advance the opportunities of people in underserved communities
- Evaluate organizations through careful analysis of criteria specific to their size, geography, and mission for indicators of high potential for sustained positive impact, including stable finances, multi-year track records, measurement and evidence of outcomes, and experienced leadership representative of the community served
- Complete these steps as privately and anonymously as we can in order to limit burden on non-profits and avoid diverting them from their work
- Reach out to selected organizations to tell them we admire what they are doing and would like to give them an immediate gift for use however they choose
- Incorporate the experience and perspective of a diverse extended team, including a small internal giving and operations unit and large network of advisors (consultants, non-profit leaders, collaborative funds, and other givers)
- A currently active open call focused on elevating organizations working with people and in places experiencing the greatest need in the United States: communities, individuals, and families with access to the fewest foundational resources and opportunities
Huge thanks to everyone involved in this ongoing effort, including a small internal giving and operations unit, large network of advisors (consultants, non-profit leaders, collaborative funds, and other givers), external operational support specialists (open call management, translation, international non-profit law, and high-volume investment and gift administration), and thousands of non-profit team members working together with people in their communities to convert dollars donated into positive change.